TRAINING | PUPPIES
Puppy Training 13 weeks to 20 weeks of age
Doglando’s Puppy Preschool Class prepares your puppy for a lifetime of learning!
Development of essential social skills.
- Dog Parks ≠ Socialization, and they’re often not a safe environment for young puppies.
- Dog Daycare ≠ Wellness. They may be convenient, however they are stressful, over-crowded, and do not offer the freedom of space for a puppy’s need for robust movement.
- You can teach an old dog new tricks, but you can’t teach an old dog to become socially apt.
Exposure to a variety of environments and stimuli on our 6-acre property, designed to allow a dog to be a dog!
- At Doglando, your puppy will experience numerous sights, sounds, smells, and textures, preparing them for real-world experiences.
- Digging in the sand, and getting acquainted with wading through water in our shallow lagoon, teaches them how to regulate their own body temperature.
- Climbing to new heights on our jungle gym and tires, will build confidence and balance.
- Exploring our Nature Play area, which includes wooded trails, marshland, an aerated pond, and a hillside, creates an opportunity for a rich connection with nature.
A well-behaved dog is not achieved by “taking control”,
it’s achieved by providing freedom.
At Doglando, we focus on the total well-being of every dog. There's no better time to start training, than during your puppy's most crucial developmental and learning stages.
Much like we do with children, we place a heavy and unreasonable burden on puppies to learn, develop and mature, way before they are developmentally ready.
At Doglando, we know dogs can be taught many skills as adults, however there are some characteristics that are essential for skill acquisition and life as a companion dog, that must be developed during puppy hood or the opportunity is lost.
The focus of this program is to ensure that the delivery of support for each puppy is honored to suit them as an individual. This means, appropriate guidance is tailored to meet each dog’s needs, and interactions with other dogs are facilitated in a manner where by the engagement between the dogs is observed and measured as friendly.
Dog-to-dog interactions during this phase are essential to increase sociability; however, they must be properly guided to prevent puppies from developing skills called play “fighting”, which are highly unnecessary for companion dogs.
Experiential learning environments provide learners with rich and robust learning opportunities and help the learner “connect the dots;” in other words, make sense of what they are learning, how it applies to their interactions with other beings, and why it serves them in behaving in this certain way.
When these opportunities are presented by providing nurture vs. exerting pressure to obey/conform or control, the end result is far different. Consider Puppy Preschool as the experiences before higher learning.
In this training program, puppies will learn to develop in 3 key fundamental areas:
Developing focus, engagement and awareness are essential elements for learning. Puppies will further their learning by:
- Connecting their names with a recall (connection with human, especially caregivers, becomes more important than all others)
- Engaging with dogs of all ages and sizes in a socially respectful and appropriate manner (learning etiquette)
- Gaining awareness of all the different aspects of their environment (building assurance and confidence)
Set your puppy up for a lifetime of learning and adventure with our Puppy Preschool Classes
Select our 3-day or 5-day / week program:
- 3-days / week (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays)
- 5-days / week (Monday thru Friday)
Your puppy will spend the day at Doglando:
- Drop off your puppy between 8am and 9am
- Pick up your puppy between 3pm and 4pm
Minimum enrollment is 2 weeks, and all new puppies begin on a Monday. Automatic billing occurs every 7 days while enrolled.
For the wellness and safety of all the dogs we care for, we require all enrolled puppies to be up-to-date on:
- DHLPP (Lepto optional)
- Negative Fecal
- Rabies (at 16 weeks)
Ready to join our family?
Tell us about your dog and we'll recommend our best training programs for you!